Sunday, November 26, 2023

Celebrating 60: A Stunning Surprise Birthday Celebrations.

Family, Eashwar was missed being continents away! 

Yesterday (25th November 2023, Saturday), I experienced a milestone that left me in awe, filled with gratitude, and utterly stunned in the most beautiful way possible. My 60th birthday celebration orchestrated by my incredible family was nothing short of a mesmerizing journey.

The evening unfolded at the exquisite Persian Terrace in Sheraton,Malleswaram, an event that surpassed any expectation I could have conjured. What made it exceptional was not just the location or the occasion, but the meticulous planning and thoughtfulness of my beloved Shravan, Sangeetha, Radha and Lalitha. We missed Eshwar, my son in law. Michelle, my Mosanto colleague organised the coordination part here at Bangalore. (All of them kept me in the dark!!). I missed few other colleagues who had pre committments and could not make it when Shravan called up from the US for their presence.

Imagine my surprise when I was greeted by familiar faces from my time at Monsanto, colleagues whom I hadn't seen in 15 years! It was a heartwarming gesture that transported me back to cherished memories and highlighted the depth of care my family holds for me. The mere presence of these esteemed individuals added an irreplaceable nostalgia to the night. Monsanto was the place that brought a lot of friendship, a lot of personal insight in to my life.

What truly struck me was the effort poured in from miles away, especially from my children settled in the USA with Michelle. They coordinated every detail with such precision and love that I was left speechless. The seamless execution, the joyous ambiance, and the warmth in every smile illuminated the evening.

I've always valued the essence of being 'stunned' in a happy sense, and this celebration redefined that sentiment. Witnessing the love of family transcend distances, bringing together people from different parts of my life, was an overwhelming experience I will forever cherish.

Every element of the evening, from the meticulously arranged settings to the surprise guest list, reflected a depth of thoughtfulness that truly touched my heart. It's moments like these that make life's journey remarkable and remind me of the immeasurable blessing of family.

As I reflect on this incredible celebration, I am filled with gratitude beyond words. My heart is brimming with joy, and I cannot thank my family enough for making this milestone so special. Completing 60 years is equivalent of one Hindu cycle of life. This beautiful surprise has etched a permanent smile on my face and a profound sense of love in my heart.

Thank you, my dear family, for the most stunning birthday celebration of my life. Special thanks to my Monsanto Colleagues (1999-2006) Michelle, Beatrice, Sholy, Dr Suresh Nath who had taken time to grace the occasion despite the nightmare of Saturday evening traffic chaos of Bangalore.

I now look forward to religious aspects of celebrations at Karaikudi, the place I grew up, on Monday. (27th November). We will miss Radha, as she is heading back to San Francisco in a few hours time.

With heartfelt appreciation, Karthik



Sangeetha, Shravan, Vinay, Michelle, Self, Lalitha, Radha, Beatrice Daughter, Sholy, Beatrice, Dr Suresh Nath, His son, Karthik. Memorable evening. 

All Family, Beatrice with her daughter, Dr Nath with his Son, Michelle with Vinay. 


Michelle, a true friend, she was one to taught me that wife would want gifts (2000!!)

Vinay, Michelle, Me, Lalitha.. The cake was a surprise. 

Beatrice Wesley, Michelle, Self, Dr Suresh Nath, Sholy Samuel. (1999-2006 Monsanto)



No comments: