Sunday, December 03, 2017

Pilot by Birth, India by pics, Seatbelt! Mathroobootham!

#294

Housekeeping:-

1) With me outvoted 4-1 by all ladies at home,first time,Radhu took Lalitha for a movie in our 27 years of married life! Usually,I take Lalitha to movies (Which are only 7# in 27 years) Of course, being a Julia Roberts movie, Lalitha loves watching JR movies (Erin Brokovich, Pretty woman etc which she watched on TV) I didn't make a hue and cry! It seems "WONDER" is an awesome movie about a story of boy with facial differences! IMDb rates movie 8.1! Awesome. As my A movie a year quota is done for 2017, with Dunkirk, I need to give this great movie a miss!

2) It was great evening with wearing new shirt kids presented, yesterday was my Birthday as per Indian Almanac, (I was born Karthik Month, Karthik Full moon, so named so)! as usual celebrations were given a miss at home. For a change Lalitha posed as was son who are both camera shy hahahha!! 

I got a whatsapp video of a 6 year boy Adam talking to Etihad Pilot, Samar, about all the Nitty-gritty of Flying! I dived deep to get the full story and boy! it was awesome and heart warming! The kid knows A to Z of flying! Being from Honeywell, I can relate to some of the terms of what he says! I am very sure he would captain a flight one day in future, God Willing!

Clyde Roe is my Monsanto colleague,spent some time here and was fascinated. He sends photos of India as he sees them as awesome. Even as an Indian,who come across 10s of photos a week, I am fascinated by things that are new to me! No wonder India is sub continent of contrast.There is nothing that is common, one bit, that unites us as Indians, more so a divisive, polarising, stupid, ass hole government of thugs governs us over last 3 years,still we co-exist as 1.3 Billion people?Some magic I guess!!









I was shocked to read "THE HINDU" editorial on Road deaths. About 155,000 Indians die on road every year. That is almost equal to the whole population of City of Basle. ( My first port of call 1994, so strong love for the city too) But other end of spectrum is stupid ways INDIAN behave in not wearing Helmet or seat belts!! You invite trouble!! Please use for your family sake! 
Mathroobootham pens an awesome column in HINDU I don't  miss here is today's one on Stupid Digital Money!! ahhahah!!! 

Leave you with some images!! heheh!!


Take it easy, take care,stay safe, God Bless
Karthik
3/12/17
1130am. 

No comments: