Sunday, February 04, 2024

Karen ,Gone 41 years!!

 #452


4th February marks Karen passing away at the yong age of 32. (Month short of her 33rd Birthday!). (
Yes, 4th Feb is also happy memory too, as Radha got engaged to Eshwar, 3 years ago, so some happiness too!).

Karen with her Brother Richard Carppenter.

"Growing up in the 1980s in Karaikudi,/ Madurai / Coimbatore, Karen Carpenter's voice became my solace, a companion through the ups and downs. Her untimely departure in 1983 left a void, but her music continues to touch hearts globally. Songs like 'Close to You,' 'Top of the World,' and 'Rainy Days and Mondays' are timeless classics that resonated with many, offering comfort in solitude. Today, as I pay tribute to this legendary artist, I'm reminded of the lasting impact she had on my life and countless others. Rest in peace, Karen Carpenter."

Oh Yes, I must thank my schoolmate (1978-80) PK Sridhar who introduced me to Carpenters' music. I lost touch with Sridhar about a decade back! Wonder where he is now!?

Favorite songs:

Good Bye to love (More famous for Tony Peluso Interlude Guitar!! give a listen!)

  1. Close to You
  2. Top of the World
  3. Rainy Days and Mondays
  4. I wont last a day without you!
  5. Please Mr Postman.
  6. Jambalya


  7. Many won't know Karen was a fabulous Drummer first and then a Singer!!!

Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft----->My All time Favorite, only song I requested to be played on Radio Australia, which they did, unfortunately I could not listen live as I got my job and moved to Bombay. (1985)
Regards
Karthik
4th Feb 2024

My favorite lyrics...
Day after day I must face a world of strangersWhere I don't belong, I'm not that strongIt's nice to know that there's someone I can turn toWho will always care, you're always there
When there's no getting over that rainbowWhen my smallest of dreams won't come trueI can take all the madness the world has to giveBut I won't last a day without you
So many times when the city seems to beWithout a friendly face, a lonely placeIt's nice to know that you'll be there if I need youAnd you'll always smile, it's all worthwhile
When there's no getting over that rainbowWhen my smallest of dreams won't come trueI can take all the madness the world has to giveBut I won't last a day without you
Touch me and I end up singingTroubles seem to up and disappearYou touch me with the love you're bringingI can't really lose when you're nearWhen you're near, my love
If all my friends have forgotten half their promisesThey're not unkind, just hard to findOne look at you and I know that I could learn to liveWithout the rest, I've found the best
When there's no getting over that rainbowWhen my smallest of dreams won't come trueI can take all the madness the world has to giveBut I won't last a day without you
When there's no getting over that rainbowWhen my smallest of dreams won't come trueI can take all the madness the world has to giveBut I won't last a day without youWon't last a day without you, without you

No comments: