Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Mother's 13th day Ritual (Celebrating her life)

We are done with mother's 12 day rituals (Gayathri and Veni could make it, Anand Couldn't). She is now at a better place with her ancestors. I can say with certainty, she must be happy out there, for the rituals that were conducted were of Hindu Traditional aspects going in to details, which she very much loves. I am extremely thankful the team of vedic scholars to have guided us over the past 12 days for every aspect right from Cremation to until now! I was extremely touched, when an Octanegarian vedic scholar, came home, to recite "கர்ண மந்திரம்" for mother, immediately up on her soul leaving the body!
I was able to adjust myself to her needs/ requirements/ trantrums etc, with me showing no adverse reactions at any stage especially over the past 3 years when her health started going downhill !! (I can't say that for Dad, for we almost differed on anything and everything!)!!! More so, Lalitha did her immense best over the past 7 years for both Father and Mother, ever since the Fracture of Father's hip/ leg in Oct 2013, and subsequent 10s of hospitalisation / ICU, for both of them!




Today is the auspicious, 13th day occasion to rejoice her life! I have requested folks to execute a ceremony, at Gayathri Niwas, Karaikudi, today, where she spent good 50 years. We shall be releasing 2 portraits which will now be displayed at our home and shall be used in all our family occasions to grace and bless us on such occasions.
Finally, I am indeed touched by calls, messages, text etc that have been pouring in. Many have got in touch, after good 20 years or so, or some I am hearing them the first time!! Goes to show how much she touched so many people in their lives, !!! I would try to respond in days to come!
Karthik

No comments: