Sunday, April 04, 2021

Mother Passed Away!

 


My Mother, Vijaya Balasubramaniyam, 78, W/o. Late Dr TM Balasubramaniyam, Scientist, #CECRI, #Karaikudi, reached Paramacharya Feet, on 1st April, 2021, Thursday, 2am here at Malleswaram, Bangalore. The end was rather painless and sudden, after her 14 month struggle / ordeal of various health issues!!!

Cremation done same day, I didnt wait for any outstation relatives (Even Brother/ Sisters etc) due to COVID!!

Mother ritual update:-
1) I had been to Srirangapatinam for second day rituals on 2nd April, (130 Kms from Bangalore towards Mysore)for the immersion of the ash in river Cauvery,(ஸஞ்ஜயணம்). A fisherman helped me walk to to the middle of the river to immerse the remains in the midstream. (Good 100 feet in, chest heigh water). Cauvery river was gashing in full stream. I felt Mother's immersion was done better compared to father's immersion done at stagnant Cauvery at Trichy during Aug 2017.
2) We have decided to conduct all 13 days ceremony /rituals here at our home "AMRITKALA" Malleswaram as it would be convinient for outstation folks to land stratight in to Bangalore. (Karaikudi is 2 hours drive from Madurai or Trichy Airport). As to satisfy mother's never publicaly expressed desire to breathe her last at #Karaikudi and the cremations thereafter, Laltiha and I have decided to conduct the 27th, 45th day and 6th Month rituals, at Gayathri Niwas, Karaikudi (On 4th July, 2021, Gayathri Niwas would complete 50 years of existence)!!

3) I have commenced and completed the 1 to 4th day rituals. We have chosen the Vaidika Sabha near Sankey tank for sake of convinience to adher to protocols. Few of the rituals from 11th day shall be done at home also.

4) Calls are coming non stop from friends, relatives. I shall do my best call back all of them as I am busy with rituals/ organising.

Personally the grief/ emotion of her departure is yet to sink in for me...... I think it could be some days!( I could hold on for 3 days for Dad and then the sorrow dam broke!!)!!

I am thankful to hospital staff at Vikram Hospital Bangalore, CECRI, Karaikudi, medical staff and Cauvery Hospital Karaikudi, for their effort to do their best for her treatment over the past 3 years or so.
Karthik.





No comments: