Sunday, December 21, 2008

Charsur, Strange, Type I, Great for sport.

I am posting this blog with practically the work year being over with unofficial shutdown for the next 2 weeks in view of the situation. 2008 was a reasonable year with lot of hits and a few miss!!. Lets hope the economic sitation do turn around in 2009. I came across this article on damming performance review in WSJ. Hm, interseting.

I came across an interesting website Charsur Digital work station from which you get a chance to access Great Indian musical classics. The work done by Charubala and Suresh(Hence Charsur) is great. I have put in some personal requests in their website for some of the devotional music I enjoyed in the Mid 1990s thro music cassettes, but seems to have vanished. Let me see if I can access to it.!!.

Ever wondered what happens when pilot is unqualified to land the aircraft in a rough weather and flies the flight back to destination jsut minutes to land. Having myself been on the edge of the runway for more than 90 minutes inside the BA flight from Madirid to Heathrow, waiting to take off,only to return to stand, this August, I can feel the heartburn for the passengers!!.

I attended the TYPE I diabetic club meeting in Bangalore today. The meeting was very informative and removes some of the misconcepts, misinformation as well as some diet misguidance we have about Diabetics. Also the approach to Type I and Type II diabetics are quite different. Dr Madhuri and team does a great job. It is a feeling to give back to society. She can be contacted at 99808 38108.

I end this weeks blog delighted to see South Africa pulling off a sensational win over Australia. I think the 60 minutes I spent over the last 2 days, wathcing it live on TV was worth the time spent on the quality of cricket dished out. Having missed the chance many times to pull up one on Aussies, I think this wins erases the bitter memory as well as anger of the miss out of Egbaston 1999. Australia sorely lacks the bowlers who needs to take 20 wickets to win matches!!. Hope they find the remedy soon. Yes,on cricket, one of my new year resolution is not to waste a minute watching cricket in dead tracks in India, whom I am told beat England this week. Let me see how to much I stick to it though I didnt watch much of it for sure!!.(Borning/snoring stuff).
Till next week Take it easy and take care; Live consciously.
Regards
Karthik.

No comments: