Sunday, April 05, 2009

Copytrans, Transcend, MS MOUSE, Unhelpful souls.

I have to make this blog entry a brief one as I am in the midst of travel for personal family events over the last 3 days.

As indicated in my blog post last week, myself and my son should give kudos to our selves for successfully completing the IPOD copying back to Itunes. We did this thanks to the Software, COPYTRANS. It was one of the 19$, I had invested. I just installed and took a backup of the IPOD in the newly purchased Transcend 250 Gb hard disk as a backup Plan B. Then I added the IPOD library in to newly installed ITUNES and it copied all songs including play list(Though not the Smart play list) which I duplicated manually and deleted the play list. The only hitch is in doing all this IPOD needs to be restored and SYNC again. The job lasted almost 14 Hrs. (Despite copying rate of 20Mb/sec from my 2Gb RAM). I did goof up a bit in copying New Itunes library folder in an existing folder so it duplicated. So hard to delete all files there and reinstalled. (Yes My son did say to install in a new different path, I missed it by oversight). So a good job done.

As indicated I find Transcend back up portable disk a good one. I got at GLASGOW computers shop Brigade road. ( Got my Ipod docking station last year) Guy gives good discount and has all latest products. Like the cooling fan which Walt Mossberg discussed this week in WSJ was with him. I also purchased the cool MS ERGO Mouse. Worth the purchase, life turning for comfort. It gives a different sense to use mouse and addresses Ergonomic issues.

We had a frustrating experience, no wonder with whom you can guess, the government servants. For the travel we undertook, we need some change of plans which require some authorisation from railway reservation agents. Lalitha had taken a photocopy of her passport to submit, but had forgotten to take the original. She had the original ITIN card ( Called PAN Card). When she gave the copy to the officer at Bangalore cantonment reservation, the officer asked for original passport to check her identity, when she was told they would only want to see the passport to verify her identity or get photocopy of her PAN card. When Lalitha indicated that she is there in person and has one original to show, the argument fell on deaf ears. She couldn't find any photo copy shop nearby and had to spend 30 minutes to take a photo copy. Classic example of height of bureaucracy. I always felt 99% (I would assume many would agree)Indian government servants are unhelpful and frustrated souls. (Yes, My father was one!!!). Yes, the sad part is many private organisations, in recent past, in Multi national context are fast catching up this disease.

Ok, till next week, take it easy and take care; live consciously.
Karthik





No comments: