Saturday, March 30, 2024

A Tale of Miracles and Resilience: Karthik's Unforgettable Experience, Secretariat...

 #470

I wanted to share with you all an incredible experience that happened to me 48 Hrs ago. It was Thursday, 930am, just a day before my mother's 3rd Anniversary rituals, and I was having breakfast when suddenly, I heard a crackling sound while chewing on cashews. What followed was excruciating pain, and I found myself frozen for what seemed like an eternity.

Without wasting a moment, I rushed to my family dentist, Dr. Utkarsh Lokesh, who quickly assessed the situation. X-rays revealed not just one fractured tooth, but two adjacent teeth impacted due to the shock. Dr. Lokesh, in all his years of practice, had never seen such a fracture, making it a critical situation.

Despite being in two minds, knowing the rituals were less than 20 hours away, Dr. Lokesh assured me he would do his best to get me in good shape. And boy, did he deliver! The extraction was no easy feat, but with his expertise, he managed to remove the teeth in three pieces and performed an implant and bone grafting as taking out the bone took 30% of bone too. The Root Canal Treatment on the adjacent teeth were an easy affair. The pain was killing and I begin to develop severe body pain usually a precursor to fever and infection, Thursday 7pm. So some tense moments....... Yes by late night, things begin to ease.. (Yes, sleepless night for Lalitha!)

With the rituals looming ahead, (I told Doctor Lokesh, only unconcious me would prevent doing rituals for mom and he understood!) I couldn't help but feel anxious. However, I followed Dr. Lokesh's advice, took a special pain painkiller he prescribed for one time, at 9am, Friday to begin mother's riutals,and surprisingly, the pain vanished just in time for the ceremonies. It was like a miracle had occurred, allowing me to complete all the demanding rituals of 4 hours. (Standing up/sitting down 10s of times, Growing fire with sacred wood and chant on it with clarified butter to stoke flames for 90 min, etc). without a hint of slightest discomfort.


But as they say, all good things must come to an end. The pain returned after I took my last bite of food, (after good 41/2 hrs post all rituals, bath etc to sit for the meal customised by Lalitha for my special need) a reminder of life's challenges even amidst moments of relief. Nevertheless, with another dose of painkillers and some deep sleep from 2pm to 5pm &rest, I'm feeling much better. I am told / warmed, worst of swelling and pain is reserved for Today until Monday!

Now, as I prepare to face the next few days of swelling, I can't help but reflect on the resilience we possess in times of adversity. And amidst the teasing from my son, about my unkempt beard resembling my nemisis, Narendra Modi, I find solace in the fact that sometimes, miracles do happen.


So here's to embracing life's surprises, finding strength in moments of weakness, and believing in the power of miracles, no matter how small they may seem.

++

Today marks a special day in the history of horse racing as we commemorate the 53rd birth anniversary of the iconic Secretariat. (1970-1989) Born on March 30th,1970, Secretariat would go on to become one of the most revered and legendary racehorses of all time.



From the moment he stepped onto the track, Secretariat captivated the hearts of millions with his unparalleled speed, grace, and determination. His remarkable career culminated in 1973 when he achieved the ultimate feat in horse racing by winning the Triple Crown, a title bestowed upon those who triumph in the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes, and Belmont Stakes in the same year. His earnings were record at that time.

But Secretariat wasn't just a champion on the racetrack; he was a symbol of excellence, perseverance, and the indomitable spirit of competition. His record-breaking performances, including his awe-inspiring victory at the Belmont Stakes where he shattered the previous record by an astonishing 2 3/5 seconds, solidified his place in history as one of the greatest athletes of all time, regardless of species. Secretariat holds world record for length won by 31 lengths, when when winning by 1 horse length is legend for a horse.

Beyond his athletic prowess, Secretariat's legacy lives on through his offspring, who have continued to dominate the world of horse racing for generations. His bloodline remains a symbol of greatness, inspiring countless others to strive for excellence and reach for their own dreams.

When Secretariat was euthanised in 1989, they were stunned to find his heart weights 23 pounds. A normal race horse is heart is expected to be 18 pounds, thus the power and super gallop to beat everyone else.


Oh, Yes there was a smash hit movie on Him too...!

Regards

Karthik.

30th March 2024


No comments: