Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Taking Exam after 20 years!!

 Today after 22 years, I took an exam. (Last one was in 2001 for my MBA entrance which I completed in 2003 in HR). Today is for the Insurance Advisor as approved by the Government of India under the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India institution which is the governing body for all Insurance activities in India. 

I took the exam for Life and Non-Life insurance advisory aspects. This will give me a chance to advise folks on the need for insurance. (I was motivated a lot by DAN PINK's BOOK- TO SELL IS HUMAN). 



I was able to complete the Online exam (50 questions of Multiple choice) in half of 1 hr duration. I secured 74%. Oh yes, the last 30 min before entering the exam hall at 330pm, was the same as a 20-year-old with a bit of nervousness and walking to the washroom one last time !!! hahahhah!!! (The intensity to do well triggers the Bladder, I guess!!!)

I look forward to stepping on this path come 2024 as a diversified career opportunity. 

Coincidentally, today 14th August 1985, was the day I passed out my Master's degree. The telegram came from my Professor that I passed and requested me to come and collect my mark sheets!. Also, the fun fact is I never got an official Master's Degree from University as I had a job in the next few weeks and landed in Bombay as an Environmental Operating chemist, to set up labs and move on, and no one cared about my master's degree those days. My subject knowledge and provisional certificate which came by post was good enough for companies. (Unthinkable now!)....

Regards
Karthik.

Screenshot 2023-08-14 at 16.54.32.png


No comments: