Saturday, June 17, 2023

AMERICA MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS / Reflections...... SO FAR- 1

 Almost half our time here is up, another couple of weeks, we need to pack our bags.! 

  1. Lalitha and I come across meeting quite a few Indians during our park walk, most are here to take care of their grandkids, (almost all are Permanent residents or American citizens)! We are finding that time for daily chores for the Indian way of life sucks quite a lot of time and without external support in the form of people or material, it looks impossible for a working couple to manage the home show! Yes, luckily, there are great Indian shops to support all material aspects including hot food with a good quality.  
  2. Broad Thor always writes about Scott Harvarth, standing under a shower starting with piping hot and completing with Freezing cold water.... I have been trying this for the past 15 days (50 C and 50F) and results are amazing!! Keeps me fresh/energized and soothes muscles for the day.. (twice a day is my mandated norm for showers!).... I feel this is giving me a sound sleep too.. (Lalitha Agrees? I wonder?? ahhahahhahah she complains, every few days I snore a lot!)..
  3. Amazing to see gas (Petrol prices) vary as per outlets within the city. (I have assumed that price is constant within the city) People drive a few extra miles to fill the tank? !!) Oh yes the Inter state price difference is eye popping 40%!!! (3.19 vs 4.40!) COSTCO pumps a lot cheaper!
  4. Interesting conversations with a couple of Latin American Uber cab drivers (Peru / Brazil) who have been here for 25+ years and how much they appreciate the American way of life, but never fail to make it back home as soon as they can to recharge their life ! One of the cab trips gave me my first chance to travel on a Tesla Model 3, such a sleek finish car! The Brazilian guy, 65 years old, is an Electrical Engineer fluent in Portuguese, English, German, French..!! (His fluent English was devoid of his Latin American accent!)
IMG_2404.jpegIMG_2409.jpeg
IMG_2405.jpeg
IMG_7712.jpeg
IMG_2393.jpeg
Uber- Carlos From Peru!!! (At San Jose Airport) 

No comments: