Saturday, June 09, 2018

12Rules,Ahlam Al-Thanyan,Soccer,Krauthammer

#323
Housekeeping:-
1) I am back from a trip to VAPI! Gujarat. hahhah! 3 days, met 30 people,hardly any speaks Gujarati. Far cry from 80s when I had to master it to survive? Is it a good Sign? I wonder??? If I had gone and settled now in Gujarat, I wouldn't have picked up any Gujarati........

2) I stayed for a change at Hotel Ginger. (I usually never change Hotels in cities) this time Hotel Fortune which I usually court is full due to marriage season. The rooms were good, and food service met my expectations. Yes,the service was a bit slow!!

I have started reading Jordan Peterson's latest book, 12 Rules of life! An awesome book. I am able to relate many aspects that have been worked in our way of life. (In fact he quotes few Hindu Scriptures!). A must read for any one who looks at course corrections in life! Jordan's interview with Cathy Newman is a must watch! Sometimes, woman can nagging and I am amazed he kept his cool during interview!


Awesome, to see Saudis joining the civilised society by granting license to women to drive! Better late than never!! Ahlam becomes first woman to receive the licence! Well done! It was interesting to see few women driving without license in outskirts of Jeddah /Riyadh for years without accidents or getting caught!! MBS is accelerating the change!! U bet!!!  Interesting that Foregin female residents too now get a chance to Drive!! 

This week World Cup Football begins at Thug Russians Land! Thankfully Russia wont go beyond first round! Fraud Fellows!!! My 11th!! (I started watching /hearing from 1978 when Undeservingly Argentina beat Holland)! For me,1994 final was heart stopping when Roberto Baggio kicked over the bar! No other final has lived up to the expectations. ( May be 2014 but dull) 1994 World cup also special memory as Son was born, so every 4 years, his birthday comes during world cup! This year it is England vs Belgium! My prediction is Germany may retain with Egypt and Belgium as dark horses.
Waking up to the news of Charles Krauthammer has only weeks to live! For a conservative like me, he is the right kind of mix to offer opinion based on issues without preconceived notions and getting stuck to it come what may! That is symptom of fanaticism. He was against Trump presidency despite conservative and republican leaning! I am reminded more of Last Lecture by Randy Pausch!! Wishing him a peaceful departure as and when the maker calls him!
Randy Pausch July 25th, 2008.....

Enough of gloom doom! Let me leave with some funny Memes of our Dumb ass, idiotic MODI!! hehehehehhe! What a lousy bugger we have chosen as PM!!! hmmm!!




This video just awesome! Some one Loathes Modi bugger more than me!! ehheh!!
Take it easy, take care!
Karthik

9/6/18.

No comments: