Tuesday, December 12, 2023

My Social Media time.

In a world captivated by tweets, likes, and endless scrolls, my day unfolds in a different rhythm, detached from the buzz of social media. Many wonder how I navigate this modern age without plunging into the digital whirlpool. Here's a glimpse into how I craft my time sans the virtual noise, making every hour count.

Mornings kick off with purpose as I embark on a three-hour stride, (Spread across 3 sessions, 530am, 130pm, 5pm) not just a walk but a journey of thought and learning. With earphones plugged in, the world of podcasts becomes my companion. At a lightning-fast 3X speed, I immerse myself in episodes that enlighten, challenge, and provoke thought. From the managerial insights of Manager Tools to the in-depth analyses of The Economist, these auditory adventures are my gateway to diverse perspectives. This also help me reach about 20,000 steps a day at my home terrace.

But it doesn't end there. The rest of my day finds solace in the embrace of books, those tangible portals to wisdom. Nonfictional realms open up, inviting exploration into realms of management, global politics, and the intricate web of corporate life. While others flick through newsfeeds, my chosen path diverges—I tread through curated websites, selectively absorbing the day's happenings and nuances, diving deeper for comprehensive understanding.

Occasionally, when the podcast waves fall short, I turn to YouTube, seeking visual cues on current affairs, capturing insights that escape the audio realm.



Podcasts:-

  1. Daybreak
  2. The Duran Podcast
  3. The Economics of Everyday Things
  4. Economist Podcasts (subscriber edition)
  5. Feel Better, Live More with Dr Rangan Chatterjee
  6. Freakonomics Radio
  7. FT News Briefing
  8. FT Tech Tonic
  9. HBR IdeaCast
  10. Hidden Brain 
  11. Hot Money: The New Narcos
  12. The Jaipur Dialogues (Defunct- Rarely listen)
  13. The Jordan B. Peterson Podcast
  14. The Knowledge Project with Shane Parrish
  15. Larry Kudlow Show Presented by Priority Gold
  16. Lex Fridman Podcast
  17. The Megyn Kelly Show
  18. The Mel Robbins Podcast
  19. Moonshots with Peter Diamandis
  20. The Next Five
  21. No Stupid Questions
  22. PBD Podcast (Patrick Beth David)
  23. People I (Mostly) Admire
  24. Pivot
  25. PreAccident Investigation Podcast
  26. The Rachman Review
  27. The Rubin Report
  28. Safety Labs by Slice
  29. Stories From India
  30. The Stories of Mahabharata
  31. Talks at Google
  32. TED Talks Daily
  33. TRIGGERnometry
  34. The Tucker Carlson Podcast
  35. UnHerd with Freddie Sayers
  36. Uploads (Mp3 file from server downloaded to app). 
  37. Verdict with Ted Cruz
  38. When Science Finds a Way
  39. WorkLife with Adam Grant

Books I read / Plan to read at Present:-


News Site I check everyday at One CLICK. 


Through out the day, the Youtube Music (Instrumental runs on background to keep me going!). 
So 16 Hrs is not enough, (With time spent on working on my both Personal and EHS Blog. www.oriontranscendershess.com 
Regards
Karthik
12/12/23. 10am. 

No comments: