- Born in Neyveli, Tamilnadu. Studied in Karaikudi, Madurai and Coimbatore, EHS Professional. Global MINDSET due to Worldwide travel over last 22 years.Passionate about Cricket;stopped active following after Clive Lloyd Retired in 1985. One of the saddest day was India winning the cricket world cup in 1983, still can't fathom how West Indies Lost. I am told India won again in 2011.... Who cares... Yes, TEST CRICKET is fascinating to spend some time. Only watch ASHES. Rest all cricket is just JUNK..
Married Lalitha on 18th Jan 1991( The day Bush Sr Bombed Baghdad in Desert Storm I) Always believed marry and love rather than the other way. Blessed with a Son and Daughter.Lalitha does super job of coaching students grade 7-10th in Maths, Science across world thanks to Technology!! Teaching her natural passion!
Not seen an Indian movie since 1989. I feel they are waste of time; no take home messages. Consider watching Indian TV Channels a criminal waste of time and miracle if I spent 10 min before TV. (Follow essential information through Web). The least said about Indian TV Paid NEWS.
Active listening to podcast on Science, religion, Management. Ipod 2007, 80Gb, worth investment in GOLD. Non Fiction is a good way to go. As for Fiction, like Dan Brown, Grisham. Blogging since 2005.Staying away from Indian magazines too. The Hindu, Mint are an exception. Subscription to Economist, Fortune, HBR prints helps reading and follow RSS for information.Yes on 16th Oct 2010, IPAD became an additional family member. Changed life for better (Can read at 1am without feeling guilt that lights are on thus disturbs wife's sleep)
I listen to Music of 70s and 80s,Must listen are Aha; Abba; Carpenters; REO Speed Wagon, Eagles, Pet shop boys etc etc that kind. Tamil music of 70s is also OK. Illayaraja I like. Hindi too Mukesh, Rafi.....
My Son is also active blogger; now at corporate with US MNC from July 2016 post his IT Engineering degree. Daughter, Charted Accountant working with top notch consulting firm, Bangalore.
Political affiliation Right; A Republican..... Voted MODI first time, but he a huge let down so a big critic of him for "NO Action, Talk Only (NATO) Tracking Subramania Swamy from I was 12 years old! (His escape during Emergency 1975) Strong Government Skeptic. I wanted Hillary won 2016 but ok with Trump, His team one of best I have seen in 45 years of following active politics!!!! Brexit is Breakfast!!!!
Firm believer in Women are better people managers than man they do a good understanding. (More so on one on ones,being a boss) Experienced it for 7 years and felt good about it. Also I feel the country's growth is directly linked to woman empowerment. Golda Meir and Margaret Thatcher inspired me a lot in my teens, I am not very impressed with Theresa!!!
5 Overwhelming moments
1) Seeing India from Pakistan side of Wagah Border 2001 July. My Friend Zahid Islam arranged this. You can take an Indian out of India but you cant TAKE India out of an Indian.
2) JFK Museum in Boston Nov 2001 and Abraham Lincoln Birthplace KY. Being a Reagan Admirer, thrilled to spend time at his Birth place Dixon, Illinois in 2003.3) Gandhi Loyalist!! So Anything connected to Mahatma, overwhelms me!!!
4) La Sagrada Familia Never stopping construction Church in Barcelona going on and on. It just swallows you.
5) 11th Sep 2001, at Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore Pakistan, too much to take....
Stay in touch and you can contact me thro email Karaikudy@hotmail.comUpdated on 2nd FEB 2017!!!